Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Intro to my Zen

To date, I have scrawled my thoughts across the pages of Myspace, Facebook and 360 with no particular structure. As I change social networking sites I find that I loose some decent material when those accounts die. So I'm going to try to centralize some of those post here and build a structure for future post. I only do this because there are a few people who have shown some interest in my ideas... and some who I hope will in the future.

I found myself talking to someone today and we discussed the usefulness of posting this kind of thing. after a while I found myself explaining that I had written just such tripe and had stopped because I didn't think that someone who really knew the important things in life could find Zen in his pocket watch, or gauge his mental state by his morning shave, or see meaning in the wisp of smoke streaming fro his pipe. She responded simply that she liked it. SO if it gives me something to do in the long watches of the night... then who am I to refuse.

I'm calling this back corner of the web "The Zen of Throat Cutting" (a tip of the hat to straight razors which are also call cutthroat razors) and it's going to be my continuing attempt to add weighty meaning to the small things in life for anyone who, like me, lacks the big things enjoyed by so much of the world. The following couple of post will be repost of old material just to get me started...
-B-

No comments:

Post a Comment